Service Desk Systems Administrator Tier 2
In this unprecedented time, great, customer service focused, IT professionals are even more important!
Are you a self-directed leader who is straightforward and factual with their communication, process-based in their ability to solve problems, and enjoys the details in their day-to-day work. Are you the go to person for solving technical problems? Do you like solving problems (even the ones that involve people)? Have you been identified as a leader in team settings in the past? The Purple Guys, a progressive IT Support company, is expanding our team in Kansas City and seeking an experienced System Administrator.
This position will be a technical resource located in our Kansas City office. You will be responsible for providing world class IT support for our customers in a variety of ways. The position serves our clients by providing remote break fix and system administration to our entire client base. You will be supported by our current 40 person team based in Kansas City and St. Louis including our 20 person remote service team and 6 person project support team.
You will be sent a culture survey after applying. The survey must be filled out in order to move forward in the process.
- Be a member of the Remote Services Team providing break fix support and administration of our client environments
- Work as a member of our project team when needed
- Provide occasional onsite support when needed
- Assist our account managers with client deep dives when needed
The right candidate is well organized, knows how to think on his or her feet, and brings exception critical thinking skills. A bachelor’s degree in a related field or experience would be preferred.
Special Skills/Qualifications Required:
- 3+ years providing:
- Strong Microsoft Support Experience
- Mac Experience Preferred
- Experience working with Office 365, Exchange and SQL
- Networking experience, including working with Sophos/Cisco/Sonicwall switches and firewalls
- Desired Certifications: Microsoft Certification(s), Security+, A+, Network+, CCNA
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to effectively handle competing priorities
- High degree of initiative, motivation, and enthusiasm
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Positive attitude